< SaiKarthik />Balancing the braces ...
Hacking on Piped
Piped is a lightweight self-hostable libre youtube front-end
I have been using Piped since a couple of months & it’s an awesome application!
The project has two parts:
- Back-end uses NewPipe Extractor library & provides a REST API
- Front-end is a Vuejs based progressive web app with mobile friendly user interface
I have looked into the front-end code & found a few areas which can be improved. So, I stated with improving the chapters layout & making it more mobile friendly & visually good. Submitted a PR & it was accepted!
Later, i found out that the
shorts thumbnails were not aligned properly with rest, I picked up that task & tried to
fix them. I got a few suggestions from the developer Kavin, We both brainstormed on it & found a solution together!
After the Initial refractor of the chapters section, We got feedback from the community that they wanted a youtube style chapters layout on the desktop. With a few trial & errors, I added that feature as well & kavin was also very happy with the layout, I pushed the PR & with some small final changes from kavin, It was merged as well 🎉
- I am very happy to take part in development of a program which i use daily
- Hacking on Piped was really fun! and i got to learn many new things in the process
- Kavin was very friendly & patient. Above all, He is also aligned with the free software ideology
- Piped Instance: https://piped.kavin.rocks
- Git Repository https://github.com/TeamPiped/Piped
- My commits
Share via Email